Updated June 2019
- Bassett, N & Jones, S. (2019). “Automobility, Autonomy and Communication.” International Journal of Communication. 13. 2684–2702
- Bassett, N. (2018) “Dialogues: Dylan Trigg.” communication +1 7(1)
- McDowell, Z. and Bassett, N. (2018) “Introduction: Currents in Communication and the Media Archaeological,” communication +1: 7(1)
- Bassett, N. (2018) “Papers Please: A Media Archaeology of Identity
Documents.” Studia UBB Philosophia 62
- Bassett, N., Archer, J. (2017) ““Enjoy Your Feeling:” A Media Archeology of Material Publics” Communication and the Public 2(3). 239 – 252.
- Archer, J. & Bassett, N. (forthcoming) “Embodiment.” In. Filimowicz, M, & Tzankova, V. (Eds.) Reimagining Communication: Experience. New York: Peter Lang
- Bassett, N. (2019) “Conscientious Hacking and the Weak Collective” In Schrock, A. & Hunsinger, J. (Eds.) Making Our World: Hacker and Maker Movements in Context New York: Peter Lang
- Bassett, N. (2018) “Communication and Media Studies: La Forge’s VISOR and the Pictures in Our Heads ” In Rabitsch, S., Gabriel, M., Elmenreich, W., Brown, N.A,. (Eds.) Set Phasers to Teach! Springer
- Bassett, N. (2018). “Turning the Gaze On Ourselves: Slashers and Horror Philosophy.” in Booth, P. and Karkanias, A. (Ed.) A Celebration of Slashers
- Bassett, N. ““Homo Sapiens Only”: Star Trek and the Unhuman” and “Secret Languages and Sacred Tongues: A Rough History of an Idea and it’s Influence” in Booth, P., Menichiello, I. (Ed.) Time Lords & Tribbles, Winchesters & Muggles.
- Bassett, N. (2015) “Misusing the Master’s Tools: Exploring the Capacity to Break from Prescriptive Use” The Torist (1) http://toristinkirir4xj.onion/
- Bassett, N. (forthcoming in 2019) “Contemporary Luddism: Lifestyle Politic vs Collective Movement” To be presented at Society for the Social Study of Science (4S), New Orleans, LA.
- Bassett, N. (2018) “Playing Dead: Disconnection and the Technological Uncanny” Presented at National Communication Association (NCA), Salt Lake City, UT.
- Bassett, N (2018). Turning the Gaze On Ourselves: Slashers and Horror Philosophy. Presented at DePaul Pop Culture Conference, Chicago IL
- Bassett, N (2017) Confidante Games: Spanish Prisoners, Nigerian Princes, Counterfeits and Lockpicking. Presented at Society for the Social Study of Science, Boston MA. August 30-September 3.
- Bassett, N. (2017) “Secret Languages and Sacred Tongues: A Rough History of an Idea and it’s Influence” Presented at DePaul Pop Culture Conference, Chicago Il.
- “A Sound of Thunder”: Technology, Silence, and Non-Humans in the Anthropocene. American Studies Graduate Student Conference, Perdue 2017
- Bassett, N. (2016) “Star Trek and the Unhuman” Presented at DePaul Pop Culture Conference, Chicago Il
- Bassett, N. (2015) “Body and Control: Discourse and Dispositives of Use and Refusal in Science Fiction” Presented at Cultural Studies Association, Riverside, CA
- Bassett, N. (2013) “The Private and the Public: Identity and Politics in Virtual Space.” Presented at MiT8 Conference, Cambridge, MA.
- Bassett, N. and Kim, D. (2013) “Recursive Identities in Sociopolitical Movements: A Case Study of Hackathons” Presented at Critical Themes in Media Studies Conference, New York, New York.
- Bassett, N., Archer, J., Snyder, P. (2016). “Carnival of Privacy Delights” Presented at the Association of Internet Researchers, Berlin, Germany
– Bassett. N. “Chicago Dibs: Appropriate Technology and Sharing vs Solidarity Solutions” Presented at MidweSTS, Chicago, Il
- Co-Presenter: Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Paper Tiger Television: Designs For a Rrradical New Media event, February 24, 2012
- The Conscientious Hacker (Hackathons Research)
- Pedagogy (Media Literacy coursework design)
- Remember Me (Public Art Project)
- ‘Hood Hub (Collaborative civic media project)
- Proslambanomenos (Sound Art)
- Derelict Reality (Experimental Video)
- In Dreams (Cinematography exercise)